Are you an incoming first-year student with:
- Confirmed admittance at Appalachian State University as a full-time first-year student beginning Fall semester
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative high school GPA
- Demonstrated interest in leadership, advocacy, activism, and/or community engagement
- Desire and motivation to advance positive social change on and around campus throughout one's time at Appalachian State University
If so, you could become a Plemmons Leadership Scholar
Plemmons Leadership Scholars can pursue any major, and will be expected to fulfill program requirements and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- A four-year scholarship in the amount of $2,000 per year, renewable for up to a total of four consecutive years (Total Scholarship Value $8,000)
- Increased support and access to involvement and service opportunities at Appalachian.
- Community, networking, and mentorship from fellow Plemmons Scholars.
- Ongoing instruction and education in leadership from professional staff through Plemmons meetings and academic courses
- Attendance and engagement at a variety of retreat, programs, workshops, and seminars in the university and local community
- Opportunities for advocacy, research, or other project-based learning as a culminating project
The application for fall is currently open and closes at 11:59pm eastern time on May 31
- Review the Plemmons Leadership Scholars program requirements, description and FAQs on the program website
- Attend a virtual information session (dates and times listed on the program website)
- Submit an application
- If selected, participate in an interview with PLS program directors and current Scholars
- Receive an invitation to join PLS and sign program agreement
For more information about the Plemmons Leadership Scholars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit plemmonsleader.appstate.edu