Are you an incoming first-year student with:
- A high school career that shows significant involvement in your school or community?
- A record of innovation and creativity within a group or community?
- A passion for leading and setting an example for your peers?
- A strong academic record? Our most recent incoming class of Plemmons Leadership Scholars had an average 1310 SAT (math + critical reading) and 4.62 weighted GPA.
- 10 new scholarships awarded each year
If so, you could become a Plemmons Leadership Scholar
Plemmons Leadership Scholars can pursue any major, and will be expected to fulfill established requirements and meet prescribed academic achievement standards. Benefits include:
- A four-year scholarship in the amount of $2,000 per year, renewable for up to a total of four consecutive years (Total Scholarship Value $8,000)
- Specialized leadership opportunities and individualized attention.
- Increased support and access to involvement and service opportunities at Appalachian.
- Leadership class designed specifically for W.H. Plemmons Leader Fellows.
- Financial support for participation in leadership conferences and education.
- Instruction and education in leadership.
- Priority registration for course selection.
- Recognized prestige among Appalachian faculty and staff.
- Networking, team-building and friendship among fellow scholars.
Complete your application for admission before November 1 and follow the scholarship application steps.
The scholarship committee considers academic performance, history of involvement and leadership, and potential for contributions to the university and Boone communities through involvement and participation in a variety of development experiences designed to build creative problem solvers and collaborative leaders.