Are you an incoming freshman who:
- Demonstrates and values academic achievement?
- Exhibits strong leadership potential?
- Eagerly identifies ways to implement positive change?
- Demonstrates a commitment to principles of diversity?
If so, you could earn a Diversity Scholarship
- Full in-state tuition and fees with one study-abroad stipend
- Specialized service and leadership opportunities.
- Increased support and access to involvement and service opportunities at Appalachian.
- Networking, team-building and friendship among fellow scholars.
- One Diversity Scholar will be named the Fleming Achievement Scholar, which provides additional funding and alumni mentorship.
Diversity Scholars can pursue any major and will be expected to fulfill established requirements and meet prescribed academic achievement standards. Diversity Scholars for 2014-2015 held an average weighted 4.00 high school GPA and 1186 SAT (critical reading + math combined score).
Complete your application for admission before November 15 and follow the scholarship application steps.
After a review of the scholarship applications, the Diversity Scholarship Selection Committee will select finalists to interview at Scholars Day. The scholarship committee considers academic achievement as demonstrated by grades and SAT or ACT scores; personal background, as demonstrated by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, educational experience, socioeconomic background, cultural heritage, race and ethnicity, and geographic origin; and interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by extracurricular activities, community service and work experience. This scholarship is renewable contingent upon academic success as determined by the committee. Other factors such as courses taken, citizenship and involvement in a multicultural student organization may also be considered when determining renewals.