Our scholarships consist of merit-based and need-based opportunities and provide varying awards ranging from partial to full institutional costs.
All first-year students who submit their application for admission by November 1, and complete all steps by November 15, will be considered for the following scholarships without submitting a scholarship application:
- Appalachian Excellence Scholarships (AES)
- ACCESS (Appalachian Commitment to a College Education for Student Success) - NC students who file the FAFSA by December 1.
Signature Scholarship Opportunities:
To be considered, students must:
- November 1, 11:59 p.m. eastern time, Submit the application for admission
- November 15, Submit the application for Signature Scholarships and Selective Academic Programs and all application materials (Not needed for ACCESS or the Appalachian Excellence Scholarship)
- December 1, Complete FAFSA for priority consideration for need-based scholarships
- Students selected for interviews will be notified in early January
Recipients will be notified in February on their MyMountaineer portal.
For more information about the application process, please check the details below for each named scholarship:
- Signature Scholarships
- Selective Academic Programs
- College and Departmental Scholarships
- Plemmons Leadership Scholarship
For opportunities external to the University, you may explore outside scholarships.