First Year Scholarships
Our scholarships consist of merit-based and need-based opportunities and provide varying awards ranging from partial to full institutional costs.
To be considered, students must:
- November 1, 11:59 p.m. eastern time, Submit the application for admission
- November 15, Submit the application for signature scholarships and all application materials (Not needed for ACCESS or the Appalachian Excellence Scholarship)
- December 1, Complete FAFSA for priority consideration for need-based scholarships
- Students selected for interviews will be notified in early January (Not all university scholarships require an interview)
Recipients will be notified in February on their MyMountaineer portal.
For more information about the application process, please check the details below for each named scholarship:
- Appalachian Excellence Scholarships (AES)
- Signature Scholarships
- College and Departmental Scholarships
- Plemmons Leadership Scholarship
- Selective Academic Programs
For opportunities external to the University, you may explore outside scholarships.