Are you an incoming first-year student who:
- Demonstrates and values academic achievement?
- Exhibits strong leadership potential?
- Eagerly identifies ways to implement positive change?
- Demonstrates a commitment to principles of diversity?
If so, you could be a part of the Diversity Scholars Program
- Full in-state tuition and fees with one study-abroad stipend
- Specialized service and leadership opportunities.
- Increased support and access to involvement and service opportunities at Appalachian.
- Networking, team-building, and friendship among fellow scholars.
Diversity Scholars can pursue any major and will be expected to fulfill established requirements and meet prescribed academic achievement standards. Diversity Scholars selected for the 2017-2018 year held an average weighted 4.71 high school GPA and 1242 SAT (critical reading + math combined score).
Submit your application for admission before November 1 and complete the scholarship application by November 15.
After a review of the scholarship applications, the Diversity Scholars Program Selection Committee will select finalists to interview. The scholarship committee considers academic achievement as demonstrated by grades and SAT or ACT scores; personal background, as demonstrated by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, educational experience, socioeconomic background, cultural heritage, race and ethnicity, and geographic origin; and interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by extracurricular activities, community service and work experience. This scholarship is renewable contingent upon academic success as determined by the committee. Other factors such as courses taken, citizenship and involvement in a multicultural student organization may also be considered when determining renewals.